- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 22 hours ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 4 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 4 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 6 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 7 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 7 days ago
Anibal Sanchez looks to bounce back from his last start
- Updated: May 19, 2012
Carlos Zambrano had a great start last night and with a solid bullpen the Miami Marlins mange to take the first of three games against the Cleveland Indians.
The ballgame will start at 4:05 pm ET at Progressive Field. A pair of Venezuelans will be on the hill today.
For Miami, they will go with the RHP Anibal Sanchez (2-1) . He lost in his last start by allowing three runs, including one homer, on six hits while fanning five and walking one in seven innings. Anibal looks to get back on track this afternoon.
Jeanmar Gomez (2-2) will get the ball for Cleveland in this one. Gomez had a solid seven innings on Monday and allowed just three hits the Tribe’s 5-4 win over the Twins, but he got the no-decision because the bullpen gave up three eighth-inning runs.
Anibal Sanchez will make his make his first career start against the Indians and so as Jeanmar Gomez but against the Marlins.
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Florida and it can be heard on the radio at WAXY 790, WAQI 710.