- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Anibal and the Marlins look to stay hot against the Astros
- Updated: May 8, 2012
The Marlins have a 7-game winning streak going and they are undefeated in May. Carlos Zambrano helped the Fish win 4 to 0 with a complete game shutout yesterday.
They’re ready for game 2 of this series in Houston. Anibal Sanchez the starting pitcher for the Marlins (2-0) will try to make it 8 wins in a row at 8:05 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. Aneury Rodriguez (0-0), who is the starter for the Astros tonight, is going to make his first major league appearance this year.
Anibal Sanchez is 2-1 with a 3.09 ERA and 11 strikeouts in the last 5 years against the Houston Astros. While Aneury Rodriguez has never faced the Marlins in his career.
Marlins: Reyes SS Bonifacio CF Ramirez 3B Morrison LF Infante 2B Stanton RF Sanchez 1B Buck C Sanchez P
Astros: Schafer CF Altuve 2B Lowrie SS Lee 1B Buck RF Martinez LF Johnson 3B Castro C Rodriguez P
- Giancarlo Stanton extended his hitting streak to 10-games with a 2-run homer yesterday.
- During his current 10-game hitting streak, Stanton is batting .333 (12-for-36) with two doubles, six home runs and 12 RBIs.
- Emilio Bonifacio has 27 hits this season, all of them singles.
- Bonifacio has gone 14-for-14 in stolen base attempts.
- The Marlins are 3 1/2 games behind first place.
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Florida, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at WAXY 790, WAQI 710 (Spanish).